Epidemics Prevention and response
This project aims at preventing the occurrence im proving the control of epidemics such as cholera, measles and neglected tropical diseases by enhancing:
• Community disease surveillance,
• Risk communication
• Capacity for community health facilities and community volunteers. The strategies will involve,
• Rollout national and international guidelines at community level
• Training and deployment of community volunteers,
• Supporting contact tracing efforts.
• Community engagement to demystify myths and misconception around epidemics.
VAHA has successfully intervened in two major epidemics; the cholera outbreak in the south west and Littoral region and the covid19 pandemic. For more information Click Here (Link to the Updates on Epidemics)