- To create awareness of the ills of infectious and non-communicable diseases: by educating the public on these diseases, their methods of contraction, and the methods of prevention, through community sensitization and health promotion programs.
- To contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of poor women, children, and youths by increasing their access to satisfactory primary health care services including sexual and reproductive health care information.
- To improve access to clean potable water, hygiene, and sanitation in communities.
- To improve access to primary health care through advocacy and community mutual health schemes.
- To carry out research on diseases of public health importance to improve decision-making with regard to these diseases.